Samsung has rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official update for its device Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P. The update has started making its way to different regions through OTA updates and through Samsung Kies. Samsung Galaxy S2 plus initially came having Android 4.1.2 installed in it. The new update Android 4.2.2 makes the device more stable and improves the performance.
As mentioned above, these updates roll out region wise, and might take quiet long to reach some regions. If you are one of those who can’t wait for OTA updates or Kies updates, and eager to get your hands on the new firmware as soon as possible, then you’ve spotted the right place as we will be having a look on a method to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware with the build number I9105PXXUBMI1 on Samsung Galaxy S2 having model number I9105P.
Before we, begin let’s have a look at the features that you’re going to get after updating your device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.2.2 Features and Changes:
- New Lock Screen – Multi Pages and Lock Screen Widgets support.
- New Daydream Feature.
- List and Grid view options in Notifications Panel.
- Settings UI revamped. Options are now under tabs.
- Move to SD Card option added for moving 3rd party apps to SD card with data.
- Improved performance, bug fixes and more stable.
Before we begin, Here are some pre-requisites that I would like you to have.
- Check your device’s model carefully, it must be GT-I9105P. Check it under Settings > About Device.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%
- Use original Data Cable for PC connection.
- Backup all your important data on internal storage, also backup your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is important as you will have to wipe your factory data after flashing this firmware. It is not necessary but it is highly recommended to achieve the best performance results.
- Enable USB debug mode in Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode.
- Please keep in mind that if you have rooted your phone or have installed a custom recovery, then as soon as you flash the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware, you will loose the root access and custom recovery as well.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and extract it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I9105PXXUBMI1 Firmware – Get it HERE.
Firmware Link Updated!
Here are the Firmware Details:
Region: DBT – Germany
OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Build Date: 02.09.2013
Change List: 1571687
In case you want to choose a different firmware, Get it HERE. You may follow the same method, while the only different thing will be the firmware file.
How to update Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Open Odin.
- Extract the downloaded firmware file once.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so, Turn it off, Turn it on now by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue. You should be in download mode now.
- Connect your phone to your PC. As soon as it gets connected, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin:
- Hit PDA tab and give it the file having your firmware, that should be and MD5 file and in .tar.md5 format.
- Hit Phone tab and give it the file for Phone. (Only if you get this file, otherwise ignore it)
- Hit CSC tab and give it the file for CSC. (Only if you get this file, otherwise ignore it)
- Hit Bootloader tab and give it the file for Bootloader. (Only if you get this file, otherwise ignore it)
- Wait for a while till Odin sets it up. Once the logs appear, hit Start.
- It should take a few minutes while Odin finishes installing the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy s2 Plus I9105P.
- As soon as installation process ends, your device should restart.
- Phewww! Congrats! You’ve successfully install the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean latest stock firmware on your Galaxy S2 Plus.
Although the firmware has been installed and will most likely work well. But it is highly recommended that you must wipe your phone’s data and wipe cache partition from recovery after installing the new firmware. This results in the best performance and stability of your device, also in case you face the bootloop after installing the latest firmware then the above lines will help you to fix it.
That’s all. In case you got any difficulties or got any queries, feel free to leave us a comment. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks.