You must have tried different ROMs on your Sony Devices, some built on CM resources, some are built on AOKP Sources, some are based on the Official Firmware, well I think it is time to move on, and if you own a Sony Xperia SP, we can help you in this matter. Firefox OS has recently been released for Sony Xperia SP, and the OS has been ported to a lot of Sony Devices in the past. Since it is an early release, experiencing some bugs are no huge problem. Firefox OS is based on CM 10.2, but with whole new interface and mods and tweaks, including animations. Themes are also being ported to Firefox OS, with brand new looks and packages. It might be named after Mozilla Firefox, but Firefox OS has nothing to do with it.
CM 10.2 means that it will be probably on Android Jelly Bean, which was, in my opinion, the best version of Android yet. So grab your Xperia SP and get ready to try something new.. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sony Xperia SP C530x by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Sony but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
This is only for Sony Xperia SP C530x!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, whether a TWRP or CWM is required to flash this ROM. You may find Philz Advanced CWM recovery on our site, make sure that you flash this one using the instructions explained in the guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Sony in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Firefox OS: Link
How To Install FireFox OS:
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enabled, go to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Firefox OS File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the FireFox.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery
- Now Once again, enter bootloader mode and Choose Recovery from it
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Firefox.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Now In Aroma Installer, Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then choose whatever you like from the Options and Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Firefox.zip, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Do a Factory Reset In the Aroma Installer, and After choosing the Options Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016