Dolby Atmos is a cool surround sound mod that you may want to install on your Android smartphone. This specific sound mod was developed by Dolby Laboratories in order to entertain the surround sound lovers. In case you do not have an idea about surround sound, you may be be interested in knowing that with surround sound, you can create a realistic sound effect in a specific room or hall. Surround sound is basically supported by 3-4 speakers, but with the mods like DolbyAtmost for Android, you can try to achieve the real surround sound like results from that 1 speaker of your phone. Dolby Atmos sound mode was previously available for all Android smartphones running the firmware below Android Nougat. The mod was just updated for Android Nougat. Dolby Atmos sound mod has already been tested on devices like Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Note 5, OnePlus One and Huawei P9 Lite. If you have a device currently running on Android 7.0 or higher, chances are that you will end up running this mod successfully. Have a look on the guide now.
Disclaimer: Flashing MODs, custom recoveries and rooting the device is not recommended by the device manufacturers. These are entirely custom processes and undergo high risk. In case of a mishap Techbeasts, the device manufacturers or the MOD developers may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
If your phone is running on Android Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop or Marshmallow, then here’s a guide for you.
How to install Dolby Atmos Sound Mod on Android Nougat
- Make sure that your device is running Android 7.0 or 7.1 Nougat. This MOD will not work with any other version of Android.
- Install a custom recovery on your Android smartphone. You may find a custom recovery in our custom recoveries section.
- Root your Android smartphone. Find a guide in our site’s root section.
- Now download the following .zip files: CrisFix-Dolby Atmos-V2.zip
- Copy all the downloaded.zip files to your phone’s internal or external SD card.
- Now boot into TWRP or CWM recovery on your phone.
- Select “Install > chose zip from SD card / locate the .zip file [CrisFix-Dolby Atmos-V2.zip] > select the .zip file > flash it / yes “.
- Once done, wipe the cache and dalvik cache of your device from the custom recovery.
- Reboot your device.
- That’s all.
- Now open the app drawer on your phone and open Dolby Atmos.
- You will have the control panel of this application with equaliser and all the options.
- Select your desired sound effects, configure according to your liking.
- Experience the sound now. For enhanced experience, use some nice headphones.
Just in case you want to uninstall the Dolby Atmos sound effect or your phone faces some issue, you can immediately uninstall it by flashing a new stock firmware.
That’s all. Let us know how did this go for you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017