I don’t know whether this ROM will be any better for Note 5 cause this ROM replicates the features of Note 5 and was originally made for its predecessors, so the users can enjoy Note 5 features on other devices. So what is so special about this ROM, well apart from all the Note 5 features, this ROM contains features of Galaxy S6 Edge too. It is Deodexed and not to mention pre-rooted, you don’t need to root your device again. Everything is quite close to stock, so even a normal Android user can use it without any complexion at all. Knox has been removed, you can now install any un-signed application without any restriction at all. As compared to the Stock ROM, just some few mods and tweaks are included but they plan to add much in the future.
The ROM has been compressed in a single Standalone zip file, means you have to flash it again to get the latest version, there won’t be any OTA update. The only thing you will need is a custom kernel of your choice, ’cause this ROM doesn’t feature any. Yeah! I know it is teasing, but still it gives you a wide variety of options of kernels to choose from.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to update it to Ditto Note 5 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Note 5 N920 F/I/C/L/K/S. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Note 5.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Ditto Note 5 Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 5
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Factory data reset.
- Download latest DN5-V4.2-NOTE-ELECTR…M-ODEX.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now while your phone is in mount mode, connect it to your PC and copy both the downloaded files to your phone.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap Install > Select DN5-V4.2-NOTE-ELECTR…M-ODEX.zip file < Swipe finger to flash it.
- Now you’ll be in Aroma installer, select what you want and continue the installation.
- Once the installation is over, the Aroma Installer will close and you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. Your’e done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016