Team CyanogenMod has done their best to keep old Flagship alive and they are still doing their best to keep those devices active and in action. Galaxy S2 was one of the best device Samsung could ever released, but the thing is “It Was”. Now with the arrival of Galaxy S7 and Android 6.0.1 being the most demanded OS of all times, even the old users are now wanting this and thanks to Team CM they can try the latest Android version. From the Specs that are offered by Galaxy S2, a light ROM like CyanogenMod 13 will run quite smooth. You won’t be seeing any extra apps, any bloats, not even the Google Apps, that you have to flash separately in order to use the Play Store and other Google Services. For once the support was over for Galaxy S2 after the final release of CynogenMod 13 Nightly, but they have once again struck the Software world with another release of Marshmallow for Galaxy S2.
CyanogenMod 13 is totally based on Android 6.0.1 and it is Pure Android, you won’t be seeing any stock app from Samsung in it as well as all the gimmicks offered by the OEM. Furthermore, this ROM is far fast and smoother than the TouchWiz and works without much problems and bugs and issues.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to update it to Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13.
- This ROM is intended for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download cm-13.0-20160327-UNOFFICIAL-celox.zip and Gapps from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > cm-13.0-20160327-UNOFFICIAL-celox.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016