It doesn’t matter how fast a device Samsung has released, the TouchWiz installed on their devices sucks so bad that it made such monsters to start lagging. I wasn’t quite sure about it till the time I installed CyanogenMod on Galaxy S4 and that device became so fast, that I even forgot Nexus 5 for sometime. Although, without any gimmicks Samsung devices sucks again, so I had to revert back to TouchWiz for those gimmicks too. Now along with Galaxy S7, we have seen some beauties like the whole Galaxy A 2016 series. Despite all their beauty, they still lack performance and once again thanks to TouchWiz. However, if you don’t care about the looks but performance of the device, then we have the perfect solution for you.
CyanogenMod 13 is based on Pure Android 6.0.1 and has nothing more than just some basic apps in it, you even have to separately install Google Apps. No bloats and nothing extra at all, however, it will take all the specialties of Samsung away from you. But you can install some launchers and themes on it to make it look beautiful from the inside too.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy A3 to update it to Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy A3 SM-A300F, A300H, A300M. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy A3.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 on Samsung Galaxy A3
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download CM-13.0-20160304-UNOFFICIAL_a3ltexx.zip and Gapps from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > CM-13.0-20160304-UNOFFICIAL_a3ltexx.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016