Samsung Galaxy S II plus recently received the Android 4.2.2 update, that brought a lot of changes to the UI and improved stability and performance. Many of the Galaxy S II plus owners might be looking for a way to play with their device beyond the boundaries on the latest Android 4.2.2, this may include flashing mods, custom recoveries, playing with the clock speed of your device and much more.
While this is only possible after having the root access, following the need, we will be having a look on how we can gain the root access on Samsung Galaxy S II Plus GT-I9105 and GT-I9105P running on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Before we begin, here are some pre requisites that you must have:
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and Mobile phone.
- Make sure that your device is running on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Check your device’s firmware under settings>more>about device.
- If your device is running on Android 4.1.2, follow our guide on how to update Galaxy S2 Plus to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Make sure that you back up all of your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. Although rooting your device does not delete any files, but this is highly recommended as it may become helpful in case of any mishap or data loss.
- Disable/Close Samsung Kies if you have installed it.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and extract it. – Get it Here.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here.
- Download Jerry_recovery.tar.md5 file – Get it Here.
- Download SuperSu v-2.46.zip – Get it Here.
- Update: You can also download TWRP 126.96.36.199, flash the recovery the same way as mentioned below.
Now Here is How you can Install CWM recovery on your Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 and GT-I9105P:
- Open Odin.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so, Turn it off, Turn it on now by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue. You should be in download mode now.
- Connect your phone to your PC. As soon as it gets connected, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Hit the PDA tab and select the downloaded Jerry_recovery.tar.md5 or TWRP.tar file here. If you get some error here, then rename the downloaded file to only Jerry_recovery.tar and select it once again in PDA tab in Odin3. Make sure that the ticked options in Odin3 are only F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.
- Hit Start, this should take a few seconds. As soon as the flashing process gets finished, your device should restart.
- Congrats! You’ve installed the custom recovery now. To boot into custom recovery, that is ClockworkMod or TWRP, press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key and your device should boot into recovery mode now.
How to Root your Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 – GT-I9105P.
- Place the downloaded SuperSu.zip file on your device’s SDcard.
- Boot into the recovery mode on your device by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- Select ”install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded SuperSu file here, and hit yes.
- It should take a few seconds to flash the SuperSu.zip file, as soon as it gets finished, reboot your device and find the SuperSu in your app drawer.
- That’s All! You’ve successfully rooted your Galaxy S2 Plus as well now.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
In case you got any queries, feel free to leave us a comment. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016