The flagship killer of 2014, OnePlus One, has already made its way to a lot of users, despite the purchasing method is not common like any other device. You need to either participate in Contest or promotional events hosted by OnePlus and get an E-Mail Invite, in that E-Mail invite you’ll see a Unique link, using that link you can claim the Process, you’ll then be redirected to the Site, log-in and Claim the invite. You’ll then be redirected to OnePlusOne page, where you can click Buy to purchase the Phone. You can even ask someone, who has the invite, to purchase this OnePlus device. Now that you have gotten your hands on this device, it is time to Customize it and XDA already has a lot of ROMs for it, but first let’s install Custom Recovery on it.
Both TWRP and CWM Recovery are available for it, choice is up-to you, However, TWRP requires a rooted device, if you have already rooted your device,then proceed with it, but if you are waiting for an easy process to root your device, installing Custom Recovery and then Flash Super SU using that recovery is the easiest option, we have already posted an Article on OnePlusOne regarding TWRP recovery, it is time for CWM Recovery. The rooting method is also available there, you can follow it to root your device.
- This guide is OnePlus One only. Do not try this on any other smartphone, you may result in bricking it.
- You must have installed Android ADB & Fastboot drivers. Follow the quick guide here.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Get it in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging mode.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter now.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install CWM Recovery On OnePlus One:
- Download CWM Recovery and Super SU for OnePlus One.
- Rename the downloaded file to recovery.img
- Copy Super SU to the Root of your Sdcard
- Place the renamed Recovery.img file in the Fastboot folder that you created.
- Open the folder where you placed the Recovery.img file.
- Press and hold the shift key and right click on an empty area within the folder, and click on “Open Command Window Here”.
- Connect your OnePlus One to your PC now.
Now type the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
adb reboot recovery
- Once done with all these, you should be in the CWM recovery.
- Now in CWM recovery, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip > Super SU and Tap Ok” .
- It will flash SuperSu and root your OnePlus One as well now.
- Go Back and Select Reboot System Now
- That’s all, Enjoy!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016