Have you got your Galaxy Note 3? Well you might have not got your hands on Samsung’s Latest Flagship – the Galaxy Note 3 but the guys over XDA developers have gained the root access on the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 and other versions including N9005, N9006, N900t, N900S.
Samsung has just announced the Galaxy Note 3 recently at IFA event held in Berlin on 4th of September, 2013. It’s just 2 days before at the time of writing this post that the phone became available in the markets and it is much appreciable that the Xda-Developers community was fast enough. In case you don’t know, let’s have a recap on Galaxy Note 3’s specs and features.
Well, the device sports a 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display having 386 ppi and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Under the hood, it has got an Octa Core processor based on Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa Chipset and clocked at 1.9 GHz with ARM Mali – T628Mp6 GPU or Snapdragon 800 Quad Core chipset clocked at 2.3 GHz with Adreno 330 GPU. A RAM of 3GB is also placed in the phone, while a 13 MP camera at the back and 2 MP camera at the front is fixed in. The device is powered up with 3200 mAh battery and comes with 32 / 64 GB internal storage and also has an external SdCard slot. Out of the box, the Galaxy Note 3 runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Check out our post HERE to know more about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Back to the topic, Rooting the phone has always been useful when it comes to utilize your phone beyond the boundaries. Here some precautions, that i would like you to take before you begin with the rooting process.
***Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will permanently void it’s warranty, it is not possible yet to restore the warranty by using any method/app because of Samsung’s new security system ”Samsung Knox”. Make sure that you do it at your own risk.***
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and install it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download the CWM Recovery for SM-N900 – Get it Here [N900]
- If you have a different model, download the recovery from Here
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip – Get it Here
How to install ClockworkMod recovery:
- Put your phone in download mode. In order to do so turn it off by pressing power key for a few seconds or by pulling out the battery, wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, as soon as it shows you the warning press Volume Up to continue. You are in the download mode now.
- Open Odin, you installed in the step 1 above.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your PC using the original data cable. The ID:COM box should now turn blue, and Odin shows ”Added” in the log box below.
- Hit the PDA tab and select the downloaded CWM Recovery file, it should be a .tar file.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin screen are exactly as shown below.
- Alright! hit start and let the process begin, as soon as your device restarts, you can check the recovery by booting into it. In order to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, your phone should now boot into the ClockworkMod recovery.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM – N900/N9005:
- Place the downloaded SuperSu.zip file on your phone’s external SdCard.
- Boot into the recovery mode. In order to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, your phone should now boot into the ClockworkMod recovery.
- You can move between the options by using volume up and down keys, to make a selection press home button or power key.
- Select install zip > choose zip and then select the SuperSu.zip file you placed on the external SdCard.
- Let it flash the SuperSu.zip, as soon as it ends, restart your device.
- Congrats! Now you have rooted your phone, and already installed CWM recovery. Find the SuperSu.zip application in your applications.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
That’s All! In case you face any issues, or need any assistance feel free to leave us a comment, we will try our best to sort it out. Thank You All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016