Samsung’s low end Android device Galaxy Star Pro came up a few months ago in all it’s glory. The successor of Samsung’s popular Galaxy Star sports a nice 4.o inches display having 233 ppi, a RAM of 512 MP, 1 GHz Cortex A-5 CPU and 1500 mAh battery on the base while a camera sensor of 2 MP is fixed at the back. With what the device has to offer, it exactly sets in the price Samsung is selling at and hence becomes a choice for low end Android users or those who can’t afford an expensive device.
Whether a device is low end or high end, there are no boundaries for the development and we can always expect nice things to come up specially for Samsung’s devices. But to do all the nice stuff on your device, you probably need a custom recovery and root access. After receiving a lot of requests by the users on the site, I started looking for the root and CWM 6[ClockworkMod] for Galaxy Star Pro and ended up having found no method. Finally, I’ve found a working method now and going to explain how to install CWM 6 on Galaxy Star Duos GT-S7262 in the following post. In case you came here finding it, just move ahead with us and get it installed on your device.
Here are some pre-requisites and important instructions to follow before you head towards the CWM installation guide:
- This custom recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model first in Settings > About Device.
- Your device must have at least 60% of the battery charged. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- Your Laptop’s battery must be enough to perform the process. In case you’re using a desktop PC, make sure that your power connection is appropriate. This is highly recommended in order to prevent installation interruption due to power issues.
- Also, turn off your Antivirus or Firewall on windows if activated. This may help the phone to stay more relax.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between you PC and your Phone.
- In case you face connection issues, try enabling USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, open settings > developer mode > USB debugging > check it.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Proceed only if you’re goot at flashing / rooting processes. Do not go ahead if you don’t know what you’re going to do.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers – Get Here.
- Download and Extract Odin3 v3.09 – Get Here
- Enough confidence to flash a recovery :-)!
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262:
- Download CWM Recovery 6.tar.zip file for your device.
- Put your phone in download mode. To do so, turn it off completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, once you see the warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, find one in our guide here.
- Open Odin3.exe
- Connect your device to your PC now. The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now. This indicates that your device is properly connected in download mode.
- Click on the PDA tab in odin and select the downloaded recovery.tar.zip file.
- Once the file is loaded, click on start.
- The flashing process will start and end quickly indicating “Reset or Pass” in Odin and your device will reboot.
- Phewww! CWM 6 is installed. Boot into CWM recovery now, to do so, turn off your device completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the CWM recovery interface now. In case this method doesn’t work for you, find one in our guide here.
- Don’t forget to backup your current ROM using the backup option in CWM recovery now.
- You can flash zip files on your phone now.
- You can also clear your phone’s dalvik cache and other things that CWM offers.
- That’s All!
That’s all with installing CWM 6 on Galaxy Star Pro Duos. In case you face any difficulties or you got any query, feel free to stop by the comment below and let us know about it. We will get back to you immediately. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017