Android users just can’t live without a custom ROM, no matter how much of a powerhouse is made for them, they are just not happy with the Stock ROM. I myself is one of them and I am that genius who used the CyanogenMod on Galaxy S4, just so I can get rid of Lag and bugs. However, you who are reading this doesn’t have to go that far, just keep to a level where the Stock looks are present as well as performance better than the Stock ROM. Galaxy S6 Edge is a device that demands perfect looks from the Firmware itself to stand with the device. You can either keep it with the Stock ROM or try something that gives you the proper stock Looks along with amazing custom performance, an all-in-one package that lasts forever with your device.
Did I mention that Galaxy S6 Edge is about to receive the Android 6.0.1 MM official update, well till then you can try this CarHDRom Custom ROM. CarHDRom is based on Android 6.0.1, based on Official firmware 3DPAD. DEODEXED and Debloated with proper root support and BusyBox pre-installed in it. Aroma Installer is there in the OTA too, so you can make changes on every update you want and the Viper4 with 5 way reboot is there too.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to update it to CarHDRom V.18.1 MM Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S6 Edge G920F-G925F. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 CarHDRom V.18.1 MM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download All the Files from the Link, for your Model only.
Make Sure you are already using the bootloader 3COI9 or higher, if not then Flash the Old Bootloder downloaded from the Link using Odin, then proceed.
Now Flash the New Bootloader downloaded from the Link using Odin and Proceed below.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Firmware file.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Choose whatever you want in Aroma Installer and start the Flashing.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016