Custom ROMs are no doubt one of the biggest reason why Android OS is dominating the embedded OS market. These Custom ROMs are designed for different people who are demanding different features, some are demanding extra battery life, some are looking for smoothness, some are looking for just looks, some want a combination of everything. Some just want unusable apps removed from the Stock ROM, but still wants everything like Stock and some just wants nothing more than normal and basic apps. Not every ROM has that all-in-one package, but there are some ROMS which offers more than what a user can ask for, more than what the user is looking for.
Galaxy S6 Edge is a beautiful device, both in terms of looks and speed, even running the stock with all the bloats and other apps that causes lag in the device, yet it runs smoothly as it can. Installing a custom firmware on such device will only enhance its performance and since the aTerminator custom ROM is based on the stock Marshmallow along with other tweaks like, De-bloated, CSC tweaks and Knox removed from it, this one Custom ROM might give you everything you are looking for.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to update it to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow aTerminator custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 Edge G925F.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install aTerminator Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > check Internal Storage > Tap “Repair or Change File System > Tap “Change File System” > “Tap EXT4” and swipe on the screen to formate the internal SD card.
- Once done, go back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Data, Cache and System and then swipe finger on the screen to wipe it.
- Download latest aTerminator.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now while your phone is in mount mode, connect it to your PC and copy both the downloaded files to your phone.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap Install > Select aTerminatorzip file < Swipe finger to flash it.
- Reboot device into system now.
- Copy your desired backup to your internal SD card now.
- That’s all. Your’e done.
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016