As we mentioned countless time before, if there is an Android based device, there will be custom roms, mods, tweaks for it and if that device becomes a little popular, a whole bunch of custom support starts to arrive for that specific device and Google Pixel C will take sometime, but it will reach the top. The device has been released, not quite long ago, and we have already seen the rooting method along with the unofficial custom recovery for this device and now the very first custom ROM is available for Google Pixel C, nothing new and extra you’ll find in it, but still it is a custom one, thus giving you a little bit more control over your device. Based on Android 6.0.1 with AOSP sources, extracted from the Stock rom of this device, the only extra thing you’ll get is the option to remove and add un-signed applications.
The installation process is as simple as possible and like any other device you only loose your applications and their data, all your personal data will be saved without any need of Back-up, although it will be good if you make a back-up first. This ROM is not integrated with Root, so you might loose the root access, don’t worry just follow our rooting guide again and root your device again. Do not in any case Flash SuperSu via custom recovery, if you hold your device dear.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Google Pixel C to update it to AOSP Android 6.0.1-r1 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Google Pixel C. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Google Pixel C.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, Google OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install AOSP Android 6.0.1-r1 Custom ROM on Google Pixel C
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | Cache and Devlik Cache
- Download latest Android 6.0.1-r1 Custom ROM.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Android 6.0.1-r1 Custom ROM.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016