Samsung Galaxy S5 will not go ahead of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The official updates for the Galaxy S5 ended there. Galaxy S5’s hardware limitations make it incompatible with the Android Nougat. This may put a lot of Galaxy S5 users in a disappointment, but that’s not exactly where this phone’s life ends. As long as we have some great custom ROM developers working for this device, there is always going to be a way to flash the latest and greatest version of Android on your phone. Continuing the trend, some developers have come up with the unofficial build of CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
CyanogenogenMod is the aftermarket distribution of the Android OS. CyaongenMod is meant to add a new life to your phone when it has been forgotten by its manufacturer. The name of latest version, the CyanogenMod 14 refers to the custom Android 7.0 Nougat. The unofficial build has a few bugs here and there. If you are an Android power user, flashing it should be perfectly fine with you. While flashing this custom ROM, make sure that you know what are the pros and cons and how to handle it in case a mishap occurs. We will now head towards the tutorial on how to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 G900F using unofficial CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S5 G900F . Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery on your Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S5 G900F via CM 14
- Download latest CM 14.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip [arm, 7.0.zip] file for Android Nougat.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install Zip > Select cm-14.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 7.0 Nougat CM 14.0 running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
In order to enable root access on this ROM, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options on in settings. Now open developer options and enable root.
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016