One of the most beautiful devices of all times, in terms of looks and design only, the performance on the other hand is not as good as it should suppose to be, but still the high-end Hardware, gave this device quite an edge to provide superior performance. But no matter how fast and fluid your device is, it hasn’t been explored if there is no custom ROM installed on your device, I don’t know, if you have updated your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, either in the shape of Custom ROM or you are still waiting for the coming Official one, we have a great deal for you. LeeDroid is another branch from the Huge tree of custom ROMs, based on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow and it is bound to stay stable for as long as you are using it.
To take your device to maximum potential, this ROM offer several different and awesome features, mods and tweaks. The Aroma installer in this ROM lets you choose your favorite options, at what levels you want and how much you want, you can remove any app that you want and choose the ones you want the most and they shouldn’t be taking much space and RAM either.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on HTC One M9 to update it to Android 6.0 LeeDroid Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for HTC One M9. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your HTC One M9.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0 LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC One M9
How To Flash boot.img
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the file from the link below.
- Extract the LeeDroid Custom ROM.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
How To Install the ROM:
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Download latest LeeDroid Custom ROM.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | Cache and Devlik Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > LeeDroid Custom ROM.zip file and swap the slider to start Installation.
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016