Don’t let the name fool you, this is practically a total Pure Android based Stock ROM. This ROM is perfect for someone who wants to use a Custom ROM, yet with everything from the Stock ROM, even the Google Apps are integrated in it, you don’t have to flash them separately. Al-though you might have to root the device again, cause of some security measures, the ROM is not pre-rooted. The bonus feature in it is the Multi-Window that you can simply enable in the Developer options. The only thing that can be called an issue in it is that you can use the Google Camera 3.0 on it to record video, but this ROM features Google Camera 2.5, you have to update manually in order to record videos on this ROM, even 3rd party apps will crash at certain point while recording the video.
The installation tutorial is not like any other typical Custom ROM, but still it is not that difficult, all you need is a little knowledge about the fastboot and its commands and everything is good to go and since this is the whole package in one file, you can simply use a single command to flash the whole thing without any need to even open recovery or flashing the files separately.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on LG Nexus 4 to update it to Android 6.0 Fake Nexus ROM.
- This ROM is intended for LG Nexus 4. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0 Fake Nexus ROM on LG Nexus 4
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Download the Fakenexusrom.zip and copy the ROM to the fastboot folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: $ fastboot update occam-img-20160108.zip Press Enter (if already using this ROM or coming from the stock ROM)
- Type in the following command: $ fastboot -w update occam-img-20160108.zip (If using any Custom ROM)
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, wait for max of 10 minutes for the device to boot up.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016