Depsite all the Nexus device receiving the update of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, via the OTA or the Factory Images, but the features and performance we get from a Custom ROM can’t be matched with the Stock One. It doesn’t matter whether you own a Nexus device or any other one, the Stock ROM can’t match the performance of a Custom One. Since you get to choose which ROM suites you the best and with the varieties available you can choose the best one for you. Nexus 7 2013 has already received the official update of Android 6.0.1, but those who stayed on the Custom ROM from the start, can’t get the official one without erasing everything they have, unless they try the Custom ROMs based on Android 6.0.1 and we have one for them too.
VRToxin Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 and is quite stable, smooth and battery friendly too. This one ROM will be enough to unlock the full potential of your device. You have the simplest interface and dozen of features available that you can try on your device.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Nexus 7 (2013) to update it to Android 6.0.1 VRToxin.
- This ROM is intended for Nexus 7 (2013). Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Nexus 7 (2013).
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 VRToxin on Nexus 7 2013
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest Android 6.0.1 VRToxin | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Android 6.0.1 VRToxin.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016