I remember using SkyDragon ROMs on HTC devices and mark my words, some old HTC Devices, back in 2014 it started with Jelly Bean and in the time between, I forgot how changed everything was back in that time, when I didn’t owned the Nexus Device. OnePlus 2, on the other hand is a beast compared to what I tend to use back then and even compared to Nexus 4, this device is still a beast and installing such a custom ROM, that turns even the slowest into a powerhouse, on a pre packed Power Beast, will transform it into something that you have never seen before. If you want to use your device to its maximum potential, then this Custom ROM might be the answer you are looking for and besides a device like OnePlus 2 should be used to show some extreme performance.
Everything in this ROM is custom, even the kernel itself to give you smooth as buttery performance. Built-in Aroma installer gives you the option to make your own custom choices before the Installation process and everything will be installed based on what you choose. The ROM is Debloated, you won’t be finding any Stock or OEM built apps in it and the efficient Battery management is the best part of this ROM.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on OnePlus 2 to update it to Android 6.0.1 SkyDragon Custom ROM
- This ROM is intended for OnePlus 2. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 SkyDragon Custom ROM for OnePlus 2
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data, Cache, System, Devlik Cache
- Download latest SkyDragon-H2OS-v2.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Select SkyDragon-H2OS-v2.zip file and Googleapps.zip and swipe the slider.
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016