Note 2 was one of the best release from Samsung, even after the arrival of Galaxy S4, this device remain dominant for quite a time. However, as the times passed every device learnt its place when the official support was declined from the OEM. While there are the international variants we also have some carrier locked devices too. These carrier locked devices are even worst in Firmware Support. The official support of AT&T Galaxy Note 2 ended with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and now there is no other way than to use a Custom ROM to try the latest version on your device. ROMs based on Android 6.0.1 are available like flies over a meat and wherever you go, your old ROM would have been updated to the latest version too.
I have used Resurrection Remix custom ROM for quite some time on my Nexus 4 and apart from Some bugs ’cause of the early release, everything was fine. The performance was smooth, the battery timing was good and some tweaks were quite favorable, for me especially. If you are that type or person who uses the device just for some regular use, the this package is all you need.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 to update it to Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for AT&T Galaxy Note 2. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Note 2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Factory data reset.
- Download latest ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.3.zip and Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now while your phone is in mount mode, connect it to your PC and copy both the downloaded files to your phone.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap Install > Select ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.3.zip and Gapps.zip file < Swipe finger to flash it.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. Your’e done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016