Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is one of the best device Samsung has ever released, Galaxy S7 is equipped with 4GB of RAM with 32/64GB of storage. Dual Core and Quad Core processors are there, no Octa core, thank goodness for that, you won’t be experience over heating problem in this device.The storage can be extended up-to 200GB using MicroSD, dedicated card slot of single SIM module and SIM 2 slot can be used for SD in double SIM module. Adreno 530 and Mali-T880 MP12 GPU is there to give extreme gaming and video playback. The curved glass in it gives it some quality looks, overall you can say that this device is the perfect side of Galaxy S6. Despite all the specs being given late from Samsung, yet this beast is giving a very tough competition to all the other devices.
Apart from all the Official Firmware support from Samsung, Galaxy S7 Edge is getting the very first Custom ROM. RENOVATE EDGE is based on Android 6.0.1 and it is still in its beta stage, so experiencing bugs won’t be something odd. The ROM is pre-rooted and Deodexed, feature stranded Installer for now. Supported multi-language and files will be cleaned after every boot, giving you supreme performance.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung S7 Edge SM-G935F to update it to Android 6.0.1 RENOVATE EDGE.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install RENOVATE EDGE on Galaxy S7 Edge
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above and Also Flash a Marshmallow supported kernel too.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Factory data reset.
- Download latest RENOVATE EDGE_beta1.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now while your phone is in mount mode, connect it to your PC and copy both the downloaded files to your phone.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap Install > Select RENOVATE EDGE_beta1.zip file < Swipe finger to flash it.
- Once the installation is over, the Aroma Installer will close and you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. Your’e done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016