Bloats are one of the main reason why most device starts to show lag and slow performance becomes their habit. Doesn’t matter which device you own, either a flagship or not, every device is ported with Bloats in it. However, thanks to rooting and then Bloats removing applications, that not only frees some space in the device but also makes the device operates faster than usual. Now if you want to keep using the Stock Firmware, you can just root the device and use some debloating apps to remove all the bloats, but then again if you want to use your device to the maximum potential, you must get rid of all the stockness and switch to custom ROMs. For a device like Galaxy S6 Edge, the OEM ported OS is just a restriction.
Renegade Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshamllow and almost half as light as any typical TouchWiz ROM. The Doze mode and all the features of Android 6.0.1 with most of the Samsung apps ported in it. Stable, fast and smooth it is along with some quality battery timing too. However, you must have to be on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop or above running OF7, OFE, OGA, OH1, OI1 or OJ7 Firmware or the latest of these versions to make sure that ROM works for you.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P to update it to Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S6 Edge G925P. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download SM-G925P_PB6_Renegade_v1.zip from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > SM-G925P_PB6_Renegade_v1.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016