Despite that Nexus devices are made exclusively to bring speed and performance and also for the testing of brand new ROMs and stuff, but there comes a time when everyone just wants some good looking ROM on his device, that is not only full of performance but also at-least a little different than usual. For a Nexus device finding such ROM is quite difficult task, cause all the ROMs are either based on AOSP or CM resources, but overall they all look the same. However, that is not the case at all the time, if there is someone thinking about this, someone else would have been making something like this and we are here to show you How to change your Nexus device to a brand new level where not only performance is present but also a little extra looks.
Orion Os 2.0 Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and unlike any other Typical ROM, this one is equipped with New icons and Logo, along with New Boot animation too. Material Design has been redefined in this ROM and it also features a brand new installer, not only for smooth and fast installation but also to make sure that there won’t be any bugs left while installing.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on LG Nexus 4 to update it to Android 6.0.1 Orion Os 2.0 custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for LG Nexus 4. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your LG Nexus 4.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Orion Os 2.0 on LG Nexus 4
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest OrionOS-mako-2.0-OFFICIAL-20160102.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select OrionOS-mako-2.0-OFFICIAL-20160102.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016