OmniROM was one of my favorite ROMs of all times, since the time I heard that this ROM features Multi Window concept, Wow! that one thing got my whole attention and I was so in search for it to flash it on my Nexus 5, In the end I realized that this ROM is made only for Samsung device and it will work better only on them. So let’s come back to Samsung and then the Galaxy S3, the most hyped device of 2013, since Galaxy S2 was able to gain some level or popularity, everyone was expecting Samsung to release a huge hit, but in the end it was just a Galaxy S3 with not much high end specs. However, that device is also quite smooth while running a custom ROM and I have tried some good ones on it, so i can assure you this device has the potential to show some good performance too.
OmniROM, well this version is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, so in terms of performance you can expect some good results. In terms of stock features, you can expect no bloats, however, you might find some features like Multi-Window etc. Other standard OmniROM features are there along with some under the hood enhancement has made this ROM even better.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to update it to Android 6.0.1 OmniROM Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S3 I9300. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 OmniROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download OmniROM-6.0.1-20…MADE.zip and Gapps from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > OmniROM-6.0.1-20…MADE.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016