Installing unique ROMs on your device is one of the best things in Android and with so many available for flagship devices you can try more and more of them. Especially if you own one of the Nexus devices and you are looking for a ROM that could provide you unique looks as well as some supreme performance. MIUI provides such stuff, then the Firefox OS was there to give something good and now we have the NitrogenOS. However, trying something for the first time you must think of bugs and issues. But again with further updates the developer will release some stable versions.NitrogenOS offers exclusive features on top of Doze and other great stuffs.
NitrogenOS is based on Android 6.0.1 and as far as the early release is concerned, it is quite stable and working smooth like any other Marshmallow ROM. You gonna have to install Google Apps as well, cause this is Pure Android and we all know, doesn’t contain anything except the basic applications.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on LG Nexus 4 to update it to Android 6.0.1 NitrogenOS.
- This ROM is intended for LG Nexus 4. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your LG Nexus 4.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 NitrogenOS on LG Nexus 4
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest Nitrogen-OS-mako-20160308.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Nitrogen-OS-mako-20160308.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016