We have previously posted MoKee Custom ROM for Galaxy S5, now the same ROM is being spread for every other Samsung flagship. Galaxy S2 is no doubt quite an Old device, far back in 2012 it was released and made quite an impact in the smartphone world, took the best smartphone of the year award too. However, as they released the new devices, it was obvious that Galaxy S2 will loose the official support and it does lost it all. However, thanks to custom Side for keeping it alive for so long. If you want high-end performance from this device, you need to use the Pure Android based ROMs on it. With 1GB of RAM and Dual Core processor it will give you more than enough performance, especially if you are switching from the Stock ROM to this one, you’ll feel reasonable difference between both of them.
MoKee custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 and it completely Pure Android, quite close to Marshmallow factory images, but with some under-the-hood tweeks and enhancements, this ROM will provide you the best possible performance you are expecting from a device like Galaxy S5. MoKee ROM provides a great way to optimise and enhance its potential even more.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to update it to Android 6.0.1 MoKee Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S2 I9100. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 MoKee Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download MK60.1-i9100-201603020939-NIGHTLY.zip and Gapps from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > MK60.1-i9100-201603020939-NIGHTLY.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016