Finally, the wait is over. We all have been anxiously waiting for the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for our beloved Galaxy S3 Mini and it’s finally here. Of-course we are not talking about the official firmware here, we are talking about a custom ROM. Previously, the custom ROMs based on Android KitKat and Lollipop didn’t take long for the S3 Mini to come out. The Marshmallow wait was quite long. The new Marshmallow firmware for the S3 Mini is based on CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM.
CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for the S3 Mini has been ported from a custom ROM of the Galaxy Ace 2. The ROM has got most of the mainstream features like WiFi, Bluetooth, RIL, Camera, Audio/Video working fine. You might find a few bugs in the ROM, and some features will not work. Getting Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on an old and under-powered device like the S3 Mini is not less then a blessing so those bugs shouldn’t feel itchy in the first place.
We are sure that you came here while looking for a method to upgrade your phone to the latest piece of software. So, without any further ado we will get back to what we were here for. In this post, you will find a tutorial on how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 via CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. Let’s go through some early preparations and precautions and then begin flashing the ROM right away.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP 2.8 recovery on your Mini S3.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data.
- Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Mini Using CM 13 Custom ROM
- Download cm-13.0-20161004-PORT-golden.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file [arm – 6.0/6.0.1] for CM 13.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-13.0-xxxxxxx-golden.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016