With the huge variety of custom ROMs available based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, any device you have whether old or new can taste these different ROMs. From Pure Android to Stock based custom ROMs, the Android world has everything. If you want performance, you have Pure Android ROMs, if you want looks you have some heavy stock based ROMs. Then there are some who provides both the decent performance as well as good looks for the device too. For a device like Galaxy Tab 2, what you basically needs is performance, cause for a device so big you have to make sure that it works smooth as possible. What we have for you here is still in its beta stage but works fine, so for any bugs and issues don’t worry they will be fixed.
CandySiX custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and provide bunch of features for your device. It works smooth and totally Pure Android based, which means the performance will be at its peak. You can customize almost everything on your device and make it works even better for you, the battery timing is good too.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to update it to Android 6.0.1 CandySiX Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 CandySiX on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download CandySiX-1.1.1-espresso3g-UNOFFICIAL-0320.zip from the Link, for your Model only, also download Googleapps.zip
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > CandySiX-1.1.1-espresso3g-UNOFFICIAL-0320.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016