The worst side of Android is its open source feature, when we look at the bright side, it is also the same one. Bering an open source OS, it let us try so many new things on your devices, but then again there are just too many. A user can’t stay on one of the Firmware he is using but they tend to switch, the reason can be anything. Poor Battery life, not smooth performance, some bugs and the biggest one is the Latest version. Every user wants to try the latest version on their device. However, not every flagship device revives the latest update, but then again the world of customization offers everything. Even those devices not receiving the official updates can taste the latest version on them.
Blues Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 with everything custom in it. The aroma installer is there to let you choose all the options you want in the ROM. The custom Kernel is there to give extra smooth performance. The ROM is pre-rooted, no need to root it again. It is quite stable and offers decent battery timing too, for a person texting whole day, your device will survive.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on HTC One M8 to update it to Android 6.0.1 Blues Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for HTC One M8. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your HTC One M8.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Blues Custom ROM on HTC One M8
How To Flash boot.img
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the file from the link below.
- Extract the HTC_One_M8_GPE_5.07.1700.10_MRA58K.H10_020.zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
How To Install the ROM:
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Download latest BluesROM.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | Cache and Devlik Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > HTC_One_M8_GPE_5.07.1700.10_MRA58K.H10_020.zip file and swap the slider to start Installation.
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016