Tablets are no doubt, fun to use and quite an ease to own especially for a person who is engaged in presenting so much stuff here and there. One thing that you’ll notice in almost all the tablets is that they are slow in performance and lags quite a lot more than you can expect from them. Especially Samsung tablets, like their old Smartphones, these tables even after getting latest updates yet lags like they are made to do so. The simplest way to make them work faster than usual is to keep them away from the Stock ROM. Installing a custom ROM will do the job but too find that works fine, smooth and fast is not an easy job. However, latest Android based custom ROMs are quite good in terms of speed and performance and for a device like Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, we have got a perfect solution.
BlissMallow custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, since the Galaxy Tab 2 won’t be getting any official latest Firmware update, you can rely on custom ROMs not only to check the latest Android version on it but also to get some extreme performance. BlissMallow provides you a lot of customization options and features where you can customize from navigation bar to the Animations in the ROM.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to update it to Android 6.0.1 BlissMallow Custom ROM
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 BlissMallow on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download latest Bliss-v6.1-p5100-UNOFFICIAL-20160212-1046.zip file | Google Apps and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Factory data reset | Wipe Cache | Wipe Devlik/Art Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Choose Bliss-v6.1-p5100-UNOFFICIAL-20160212-1046.zip file and confirm the installation on next Screen.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Flash Gapps.zip and then go back.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016