Tablets are always fun to use, in some cases, like playing games and watching movies they are better than everything else. But the shorter amount of battery life can cause a lot of problems, but then again who uses them for the whole day. Nexus 7 is one of most successful tablet devices of all times, released way back in 2012 with Nexus 4 and then arrived the 2013 model, but still the old one is quite active and alive because of the Custom Support for this device. No matter what happens, Nexus devices are always getting stuff that no other device gets, even in terms of Custom Support, many devices are dead but Nexus devices are still alive so is the Nexus 7 and we are bringing the BeanStalk Custom ROM for this one.
BeanStalk ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow version and it completely provides the Stock look and experience but with more and extra animations and performance, so you can get the max juice out of your device and with the extended battery life with some tweaks you can use this device for more than the given 10 hours while using Multi-media on it. The ROM is built with CM sources and it has more than enough features that you might need or required on your device.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Nexus 7 2012 to update it to Android 6.0.1 BeanStalk Custom ROM
- This ROM is intended for Nexus 7 2012. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Nexus 7 2012.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 BeanStalk Custom ROM on Nexus 7 2012
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data, Cache, System, Devlik Cache
- Download latest BeanStalk-6.07-20160210-grouper.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Select BeanStalk-6.07-20160210-grouper.zip file and Googleapps.zip Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016