I have used Xperia Z2 for quite a good amount of time, it wasn’t mine but still i was able to get the max out of it. If I am to judge Xperia Z3 based on what I saw in Xperia Z2, I can pretty much expect a good device. Even on the Stock ROM with all the bloats and other stuff, Xperia Z3 will perform quite fast and smooth. With the help of a custom ROM you can groom that device even more and make it works even faster than usual. However, finding a custom ROM that works smooth and fast is not an easy Job, every developer does claim that their work is best for your device, but the actual results can find only after installing the Custom ROM. Android 5.1.1 is said to be the best Android version after the final Kit-Kat release and still it works better than the latest Marshmallow. Any Custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 will work quite better than Marshmallow and we have the best possible Lollipop based ROM for you.
YROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and by far this is the fastest, smoothest and the best ROM for your Sony Xperia Z3. This powerhouse will give you so much in one package that you’ll be spending quite a long time in it to find all the features. It has all the Sony Premium apps as well as the latest Camera apps for you. It is also Dual SIM compatible and much much more that you have to explore on your own.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Sony Xperia Z3 to update it to Mr.SL Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Sony Xperia Z3. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Sony Xperia Z3.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Download and install Minimal Android ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 5.1.1 YROM Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z3
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above
- Download latest YRomPOWER-2.4.zip file and Extract the Boot.img file and copy the zip file to the root of your sd card.
- Now copy the boot.img to the Fastboot folder
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Now Type fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash the boot.img on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery, make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select YRomPOWER-2.4.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016