I am a huge fan of Pure Android ROMs, not only they are fast, smooth and quick, but also free of bloats and a gift for all those who just wants performance from their device. All Google based devices are shipped with Pure Android ROMs, but other OEMs have their own unique style and other stuff. If all the Xperia owners have ever tried a Nexus device, they must have seen a reasonable performance difference in both of them. Processor, RAM doesn’t make much of a difference but what has been installed on it and having nothing more than just simple apps and stuff makes your device faster than usual. You can always try CyanogenMod ROMs for Pure Android experience, but they are a little too mainstream, what you need is something extra with the same pure Android experience.
Nexus Style custom ROM as the name suggest is a completely an AOSP ROM having all the features of a Pure Android ROM, giving your Xperia Z a boost that you have never seen before. Although it is simple ROM, there are a couple of tricks and custom enhancements on this ROM that makes sure that the device stays stable, fast and smooth.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Sony Xperia Z to update it to Android 5.1.1 Nexus Style ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Sony Xperia Z. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Sony Xperia Z.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Download and install Minimal Android ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 5.1.1 Nexus Style Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above
- Download latest Nexus Style v1.0.zip file and copy the zip file to the root of your sd card.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery, make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Nexus Style v1.0.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016