Some Devices just can’t die no matter how much the Official support tends to stop supporting them. The world of customization is open for everyone and that world is just not letting any device to die, even the Flagship of 2012-13 are still getting the latest updates, apart from that even the carrier locked devices are getting these latest updates. T-Mobile Galaxy S4 was released far back in 2013 with the original one obviously, and it arrived with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and the Official support was ended with Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, although the international version was able to get the official Android 5.1.1, if you happens to own T-Mobile Galaxy S4 and looking for a unique version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM, we have got the best solution for them.
Validus ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, this ROM offers some great customization options and features and it is smooth as butter, you can even slip your fingers over it. Some of the features are unique enough to be called exclusive in this ROM only, quite impossible to find in any OEM stock firmware. You can change LCD density, long press back to kill apps, Ad Blocker etc.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 to update it to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Validus Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S4.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Validus ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download Validus-LP-v8.0-2015-05-11-validus_jfltetmo.zip and Gapps from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Validus-LP-v8.0-2015-05-11-validus_jfltetmo.zip and Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016