One of the best thing you get for owning a Nexus smartphone, is that you get to try every sort of AOSP and CM based ROM. All the other fancy type Custom ROMs, well they are just not that good for your device to try on. You can simply stay with these ROMs and enjoy the damn speed and performance on your device. Now let’s come to OnePlus One, the flagship killer device of 2014, in 2015 they released the upgrade with the title OnePlus 2, same as its predecessor, this device does the job to be called the Flagship killer of 2015. Arrived with some high-end spces with the price tag of a medium range budget device. With Quad-Core processor and 3-4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage and 13MP of rear cam with dozen of features, this device will the best one in its price tag.
I have tried Exodus ROM on my Nexus 4 and I wasn’t disappointed at all, except the ROM wasn’t meant for me cause I needed a little extra battery life and this ROM was giving enough just not enough for me. The only thing you won’t find in it is no finger print scanner, but you’ll find it quite soon. It is smooth, fast, responsive and quite free of bugs and issues.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on OnePlus 2 to update it to Android 5.1.1 Exodus Android
- This ROM is intended for OnePlus 2. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 5.1.1 Exodus Android for OnePlus 2
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data, Cache, System, Devlik Cache
- Download latest Android 5.1.1 Exodus Android | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Select Android 5.1.1 Exodus Android.zip file and Googleapps.zip and swipe the slider.
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016