Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 5.0 Lollipop everywhere, well this is the era of Android 5.0 Lollipop now, and every OEM is doing its best to at-least bring one of their devices to Android 5.o Lollipop beta Version, like we saw Sony Xperia Z receiving the AOSP along with the Sony Xperia L, while the LG G3 is receiving the Official update of Lollipop and Moto X being updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop too, however, there is only one flagship from every OEM, except Google. Google is making sure to give this update to every device, whether the OTA update or the leaked Factory images, previously, Factory Images of Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 7 2013 was leaked, now it is time for Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi).
The week was quite busy for Android 5.0 Lollipop, as we were seeing different applications given support to the Android 5.0, along with the Rooting method of Nexus 9 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, shared by the legendary Chainfire. The official OTA is sure to take its time for Nexus 7, whether 2013 or 2102, but here you can install these Official Images on it without any problem at all. If you are aware of commanding the CMD window of Windows, then this will be a piece of cake for you, otherwise pay more attention towards the tutorial.
1. This is only for Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi)!
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
4. Bootloader must be Unlocked!
Since any sort of customizations, whether stock or custom, requires an unlocked bootloader, unlock the bootloader to proceed
5. Configure ADB and Fastboot!
Since the Flashing commands requires an active fastboot connection, visit the link to Install the Fastboot and ADB: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Googlein our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop Factory Images:
- Download and Extract the Firmware you’ll see another zip file, extract it too.
- Copy the Files to Fastboot folder.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Open Command prompt in the fastboot folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Folder.
- Now Type and Execute these commands one-by-one, if necessary change the Bold Line accordingly:
astboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
- When it is all done, your device will be running Android 5.0 Lollipop, Hurray!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016