Good news, Note 2 users! Now you can install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Old Note 2! CyanogenMod recently released its beta, but official, version of CM 12, meaning that it will now run on Android Lollipop. CyanogenMod 12 brings about several awesome features to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. A lot of flagship devices like the Note 4, Samsung Galaxy S5, and the HTC One M8 have already acquired the Android 5.0 Lollipop update. But, some other worthy devices like the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, and in this case, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 haven’t acquired the Android 5.0 update still, and the horrifying part is that some of these old devices won’t even get this amazing update. If you happen to own the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and are really desperate about running Android 5.0 Lollipop on it, then CyanogenMod is one of the best Custom ROM Series to choose from.
In this simplified guide, we’re going to take a look on how to install CyanogenMod 12 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and bring about the whole amazing UI by install Android 5.0.1 on it. Note that this version of CyanogenMod is only applicable to the N7100 model of Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It may brick your device if you try to install this on any other variant!
First of all, let us take a look at the basic requirements for you to flash the CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2!
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with a Custom Recovery Installed. Follow our Guides to install CWM by clicking here, and to install TWRP, click here.
- CM 12 ROM. Download.
- Official GApps. Download.
- Make sure that your Note 2’s battery is charged atleast upto 60% to prevent any abrupt shutdowns in between the process.
- You need to backup each and everything before you proceed. Use the following links to be on the safe side.
- Check if you’re Note 2’s model number is exactly same as N7100. To verify, navigate to Settings>About Phone and check for the Model Number!
- Download the CM 12 ROM package from above.
- Download the GApps file for Android 5.0, Lollipop.
- Connect your Note 2 to your PC now.
- Transfer both of these .ZIP files onto your Note 2’s internal memory.
- Now disconnect your Note 2 and turn it off.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and in advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all of these three options, select the “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select CM-12…file.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop running on your device in a while.
- Great! Now you have the latest and sweetest version of Android installed on your Note 2 now!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016