Samsung delayed the Android 4.3 Update for Galaxy Note 2 after hearing some problems in the update of Galaxy S 3, now if the Android 4.3 update is not out yet, how will you think the Update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat will be there for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In these kind of Situations users mostly wait for the Update but those who can’t wait to update their device and try Android 4.4 Kit-Kat on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 goes for Custom ROMs, developers have released ROMs based on Android 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 you can download and install it on Note 2 by following our tutorial.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat On Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (All Versions)*. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
* Models Supporting Android 4.4 Kit-Kat ROM .
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
- Canadian SGH-I317M/SGH-T889V (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin, etc.)
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
Download Android 4.4 KitKat ROM:
- Galaxy Note 2 International GT-N7100:
- Galaxy Note 2 4G LTE : Omni-4.4-20131113-T0lte-HOMEMADE.Zip
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 : Omni-4.4-20131111-T0lteatt-HOMEMADE.Zip
- Canadian Note 2 (with model number SGH-I317M): Omni-4.4-20131111-T0lteatt-HOMEMADE.Zip
- Canadian Note 2 (with model number SGH-T889V): Omni-4.4-20131111-T0ltetmo-HOMEMADE.Zip
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2: Omni-4.4-20131111-T0ltetmo-HOMEMADE.Zip
- Verizon Note 2 (CM 11): Cm_SCH-I605-Ota-Sbrissen_11-11.Zip
How To Install:
- Download the Desired Android 4.4.zip file and don’t extract it
- Connect Galaxy Note 2 to PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet.
- Now go to Recoevry mode, Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ then select “reboot system now’.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016