Samsung Galaxy S3 might not be able to receive the update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, but developers re not letting this device down.They are doing everything they can to keep this device alive. They released Custom ROMs based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and now they are creating ROMs based on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat for Samsung Galaxy S3 (All versions). If you want to check how Android 4.4 looks like and about its performance do check out this tutorial.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Based ROM On Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Versions). But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Samsung Galaxy S3.
How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Based ROM On Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Versions).
Download the Android 4.4 ROM:
Now here are the CyanogenMod 11 based KitKat ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S3. In case you find more that one ROM listed for your S3 model, download any of the two.
- Samsung Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM: Cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-I9300-V2.Zip
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM: Cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-I9305.Zip
- AT&T Galaxy S3:
- Sprint Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM: Cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-D2spr.Zip
- T-Mobile Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM: Cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-D2tmo.Zip
- Verizon Galaxy S3:
How To Install:
- Download the Desired Android 4.4.zip file and don’t extract it
- Connect Galaxy S3 to PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet.
- Now go to Recoevry mode, Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ then select “reboot system now’.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat /CM11, Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016