Previously we posted the rooting method and Tutorial on installing the CWM recovery on Android One Devices, well that was something users never expect to see soon, but the same thing happened with LG G3, so seeing something like this for a devices which is still waiting in the line to be in the hands of the users. Well if you think that is more than enough, wait till you hear that CM 11 has been available for Android One devices and despite that CM 11 is in its early stages, some of the features are not working in it, like Dual SIM and Internet connectivity, still those who works they works like a Charm. As they further update it, all the features will work.
Now if you own a Spice Dream Uno, Karbonn Sparkle V or Micromax Canvas A1, then you can install this CM 11 on your device without any problem, the process is really easy and simple, nothing to worry about.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Android One by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Android One!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How?Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power Buttons at the same time.
- Select Recovery
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016