Ok, so I posted a tutorial of updating HTC Sensation XE to CM 10, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but there are many problems with it, some can’t able to download the file, some have tried it and haven’t able to install it properly. So, Ithought why not put another Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Tutorial for HTC Sensation XE, for properly this time. I have tried this ROM for myself and I am quite satisfied with it, except for Games, they drain a lot of battery life, I am telling you this before we can begin, so if you are a fan of games so try not to follow it or make sure to charge your set on time. Other wise battery life is quite awesome, standby time is simply wow, even on low battery it will last for a week, On Standby only.
But before we begin, make sure that you have:
Here is the link for the necessary Fastboot Files.
FULL WIPE MANDATORY if coming from ICS
- Mirror 1 – Full ROM(FIXED!) – dev-host
- Mirror 1 – Update from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 – dev-host
- Mirror 1 – Kernel Flasher for S-ON users with 1.0.2 kernel
In this article we will tell you How To Update HTC Sensation XE To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom firmware. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
To root your Sensation XE Running Android 4.0.3, Follow:
Let’s Head Towards the tutorial:
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Viper S 3.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware On HTC Sensation XE.
- First make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Viper S 3.1.2.zip File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and in Kernal Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Viper S.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on-screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on-screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Viper S.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zip file and confirm installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC Sensation XE is now upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.
If you don’t want to try this ROM, try the CyanogenMod..!!!
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016