WhatsApp is the fastest growing social chat messenger in the world, the application that actually killed SMS messaging. The very feature everyone wanted on WhatsApp was to have a choice for it’s “Last Seen” status that always informed other contacts when did the person checked his WhatsApp last time or when did he come online last time. Now this is embarrassing and annoying when you don’t want to talk to someone, you don’t want to reply and the other person comes to know about it despite knowing that you’ve seen his / her message and you didn’t reply.
Earlier in 2014, WhatsApp was acquired by Facebook for 19 Billion Dollars and changes were definitely expected in WhatsApp. The greatest feature that hit WhatsApp after it was sold, are it’s privacy settings that allow a user to have full control over his WhatsApp profile. These privacy settings allow the users to hide their WhatsApp status, restrict their WhatsApp profile Picture and the most desired feature everyone wanted, the privacy settings allow a user to hide his “Last Seen” feature.
Just in case you were looking for a way o hide your WhatsApp Last Seen status and after trying a number of third party applications you’re tired enough, you may stop worrying as you will find the this feature embedded in WhatsApp’s latest version. In the following post I’ve also written a small how-to that explains how you can setup your last seen privacy on your WhatsApp account on your Android smartphone or iPhone. Let’s go through it now.
How to Hide WhatsApp “Last Seen”:
- Open WhatsApp lastest version installed on your phone.
- Press the options key.
- Go to Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Tap “Last Seen” in privacy.
- Now select from whom you want to hide it, you will see 3 different options as follows.
- Everyone – Tap to allow everyone to see your “Last Seen”.
- My Contacts – Tap to allow only your contacts to see your “Last Seen”.
- No Body – Tap to allow no one to see your “Last Seen”.
- Once you select one of these three options, your privacy settings will be applied.
- You’ve successfully hidden your “Last Seen” status from the people you wanted.
- That’s All!
There is one thing to be kept in mind while you apply these privacy settings. If you restrict everyone to see your “Last Online” status on WhatsApp, means if you select the “No Body” option, you won’t either be able to see anyone’s last online option. In short, you’re disabling the “Last Online” status.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017