The very feature I loved on the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Kids Mode, that Samsung loaded in any of its device for the first time ever. Kids Mode is actually a cool feature, that seems to be a remedy to a number of worries that the Galaxy device owners may have. Specially, when your kids always want to use your device and you’re worried about their access to your important data on the device, and afraid of getting it affected, Kids Mode can prove itself to be of a lot help.
Turning on the Kids Mode on your Galaxy device launches a Kids Launcher, that specially is designed with a Cartoonic look to tempt the kids. It has got its very own camera and gallery application, that comes with some amazing and cool features including different scenes, different frames that may attract the Kids. Samsung has also loaded a number of nice applications that can teach the Kids quite a few things by keeping their interest alive in the application by providing enough fun. Kids mode has a complete parental control that allows the parents to set the access limits for the files/folders/applications while a kid is playing with the device in kids mode.
This feature is available in the Galaxy S5 and some other devices that came after the GS5, like Galaxy Tab 3 lite for now, or might be available in some more latest devices, but how about getting it on your Galaxy Tab 3? Galaxy Tab 3 surely is Samsung’s most widely used tablet device all around the world, and if you use one, that is also being used as a toy by your kid, you may want to add a little privacy by installing Kids Mode and giving the limited access to your kid. Although Samsung introduced a Kids version of the Galaxy Tab 3, but when you can get all those modifications easily, then why to waste money on a device separately?. Well, this job has been done by XDA dev gr8nole, who has ported in the Kids Mode for our beloved Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It requires a few minutes and some attention to get installed, scroll down and learn how you can install it on your Galaxy Tab 3.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/SM-T210R/SM-T211/SM-T217S. Do not try this on any other device as it may result in bricking it.
- Your device must be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with stock TouchWiz launcher.
- Your device’s battery must be charged enough to perform the flashing. Say it, at least 80%.
- Your device must a custom recovery installed. Install using the following guides.
How To Install Kids Mode On Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0:
- Download Kidz_Addon.v.1.1.zip file.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to your Galaxy Tab 3’s internal storage.
- Now boot into recovery mode on your Galaxy Tab 3, make sure that you’ve installed CWM or TWRP using the guides linked above.
- In order to boot into recovery mode, turn off your Tab 3 completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. You should be able to see the custom recovery interface in a while.
- Once in CWM or TWRP recovery, select “Install / Choose Zip from SD card > Locate the Kidz-Addon.v.1.1.zip file > Select / Swipe Yes to flash”.
- It will quickly flash the Kids Mode in your Galaxy Tab 3.
- Once flashed, wipe cache and dalvik cache from the recovery.
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3.
- Find the Kids Mode in the app drawer.
- Launch and create your kids profile and let the kid enjoy in his own world now.
- That’s all.
That’s all. If you’re impressed by this great feature, do not forget to donate the original developer for his hardwork. Thank you all.