Google is all set to pull the curtains off from the next version of Android, the Android L. Android L has already been shown off by Google and the improvements are good enough to tempt the users for this greatest build of Android. The name, so far is rumored to be Android Lemon Meringue Pie, but there hasn’t been any official word or hint about the real name of Android L. What makes Android L look cool are the graphical changes, that are a big move from previous Android versions. Android L will have a material design user interface, that will let the users interact with the elements on the device just like they interact with real life objects. A part from that, the lock screen on Android L has completely been revamped, the new lock screen will show all the notifications as soon as you press the lock key, just like iOS 7 and iOS 8. This means the users won’t always have to unlock the device and pull down the notification bar in order to see what’s going around the world and what notifications are left for them. There’s going to be a number of other cool features on Android L as well that will enhance the user experience on Android device better then ever before.
As off now, Android L’s release date isn’t known, but it is expected to be a part of the Nexus X, that is expected to be unveiled in sometime around October, 2014. Once Android L is out, some of the mainstream / flagship devices will get this update while some devices will never get a chance to taste the greatest Android version. Since it’s quite away and you aren’t even sure you will get this on your device or not, you may feel a bit downcast, but let’s just not wait for the update and try to taste the Android L somehow on your current Android device having Android 4.0+.
Earlier we posted a guide to install Android L’s keyboard on your Android device and posted a some APKs of the apps that are going to be a part of the Android L, but something new that we found today will take you one step closer to Android L. If you haven’t already guessed it, we are talking about the Android L Lockscreen.
A new application, named as Android L Lockscreen Plus by Lucky Coin, that recently landed in the Google Play Store allows the users to set Android L Lockscreen on their Android device. The only requirement for this application is Android 4.0+. The application seems to be working cool and has already been downloaded by hundreds of users. Let’s go through the app features and the method to install Android L Lockscreen and get it working on your Android device now.
Here are the app features:
Ability to change lockscren background (10 android L wallpaper or pick from your gallery).
Ability to blur lockscreen background.
Configure swipe direction to open any apps.
Using expand action like orginal L lockscreen such as reply,call back.
Blacklist any apps from showing on lockscreen notifications.
Security to protect your phone.
How To Install Android L Lockscreen On Your Android Device
- Download and install Android L Lockscreen on your Android device.
- Once installed, disable your current lock screen first.
- In order to disable it, go to Settings > Lockscreen Effect > None.
- Once done, launch the L Lockscreen app from the app drawer.
- Give the L Locksreen app the access to notifications, it should pop up on start and take you to settings.
- Now get back to the L Lockscreen app and check “Enable L Lockscreen”.
- You can also preview the Lockscreen before setting it up.
- You can also select which the apps, from which you want to receive the notifications on Lockscreen by going into Advanced settings.
- You can also add custom buttons on the Lockscreen for quick access.
- Android L Lockscreen app also allows the users to set custom backgrounds and modify the screen according to their liking.
- Just in case you like this application, you may purchase the premium version in order to unlock all the locked features.
- That’s all with Android L Lockscreen.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017