WhatsApp Video Calls have been released world wide now. The video calls being offered through WhatsApp are far more better than other video calling services available till date. Another advantage of WhatsApp Video Calling feature is that all of your calls are end-to-end encrypted, so there is no chance of loosing your privacy or getting trapped into being spied. WhatsApp has efficiently implemented the Video Calling feature keeping the quality of the chat application intact. We saw the similar implementation of the voice calling feature. WhatsApp didn’t let the overall experience of the chat messenger get disturbed and that’s how it kept on growing its user base.
Your buddies are now just a tap away. Simply pressing the call button > video call will bring up your friends or family in the screen within a few seconds. That’s how easy the things have become now. WhatsApp Video Calls are in a very early stage at the moment. Although the videos have been rolled out to the users world-wide, there still are chances that many are not aware of the feature and many haven’t updated their WhatsApp Messenger yet.
Video calls on WhatsApp have got several issues which you might not be able to solve in the first go. It will take time to master this new feature of WhatsApp and get used to it. To help you with any upcoming problem, we have compiled a list of the issues occurring every now and then also covered a guide on how to fix WhatsApp Video Call issues.
How to fix WhatsApp Video Call issues
WhatsApp Video Call Couldn’t Place Call Issue
- There are several reasons for this issue to come up. The very first reason can be the unavailability of the new video calling feature in the region of your friend. If WhatsApp Video Call feature hasn’t made its way to that country or region, you will not be able to use this feature.
- In this case your friend will either have to install latest WhatsApp using an APK file. You can find the full guide here.
- The second reason adding to this issue can be that your friend is either using a phone that doesn’t support video/voice calling or that simply doesn’t have a front camera on it.
- If the issue is coming up because of the 2nd reason, then your friend has to get a compatible phone.
- The third reason can be that your friend is not using the latest version of WhatsApp with this feature enabled.
- If the issue is coming up because of the third reason, then your friend has to install the latest version of WhatsApp with video calling added in it.
WhatsApp Video Call Poor Connection Video Paused Issue
- This issue comes up because of a poor internet connection. If you have a data connection and you are currently using WiFi, try switching to data connection and vice versa.
- Furthermore, you can try closing all the background applications to lay off some load on your smartphone which will eventually result in improving the video quality.
- You can also try restarting your phone and call your friend afterwards.
WhatsApp Video Call Video Paused
Whenever you get the Video Paused error on screen, that means your friend or partner is doing some other activity on his/her smartphone at the moment. For instance, you are in a video call and all of a sudden you get a text message on your smartphone. You open the messaging application while the video call is going on in the background, your friend will see the “Video Paused” message on the screen. If you were just wondering why do you see this error again and again, there you have got the reason for it. To get rid of this error, stay on the WhatsApp Video Call screen.
WhatsApp Video Call Voice Issue
To improve the voice quality during a WhatsApp Video Call, simply try switching your internet connection and shut down all unnecessary applications on your phone. Also try refreshing your phone by restarting it and going into a video call again.
That’s all for now. If you are currently facing any issues with WhatsApp Video Calling feature, let us know through the comment box below and we will try looking into a solution for you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017