Most of the OEMs release their device in different variations according to localization, network connectivity and also storage capabilities and obviously the more storage the smartphone has the higher the rate will be. LG G2 was released in 2013 and was released in 10 different variants and two models with 16 and 32 GB storage. Now if you have purchased a 32GB LG G2 and because of a Wrong firmware flash or due to any other problem, it is showing 16GB instead of 32GB, what will you do, first thing, Freak Out! next thing, install any other custom ROM and if that doesn’t work either, start looking for the solution.
If you are looking for a solution to such thing then you are on the right spot, last time we posted the same thing about Nexus 5 and it worked like a charm, it recovered the Nexus 5 from 16 to 32 GB again. It mostly happens, when you tired to install a 16GB model firmware on 32GB model, sometimes it happens because of a hard reset. Many times it can be solved by restoring the device to the original firmware, if still not then follow the tutorial below.
- Your LG G2 Must be on the Srock Firmware, Follow: Restore LG G2 to Stock Firmware
- Your Phone must be Rooted: Root LG G2 and Install Recovery On it
- Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Install LG USB Drivers: Link
- Download and Install Total Commander – File Manager
- Back-up EFS Data.
Download the Following Files:
How To Solve This Problem
- Extract the sdparted-recovery-all-files.zip, and copy all the 9 files to your device.
- Open Total Commander and copy all the 9 files to /system/ bin/ directory of your phone.
- Now fix permissions of all the files.
- Now Install minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.1.3_setup.exe on your PC
- Launch Minimla Adb fastboot and type in the following command:
./parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 –
- Press Enter.
- When the Sequence is over, write the following lines and Press Enter.
./dd if=/system/bin/sgpt32g.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=61071327 conv=notrunc
./dd if=/system/bin/pgpt32g.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=0 conv=notrunc
- Wait for it to finish and your LG G2 will be in Download mode.
- Now you need to install the 32Gb firmware, Follow:Restore LG G2 to Stock Firmware.
- Once the Firmware is installed, if it still shows you 10.8 GB, Go to Settings > Back-up and Reset > Factory Data Reset.
- When it boots up, your LG G2 will show you 25GB in your SD card.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016