Before going all custom with your Android phone or tablet, the very first thing you need to do is to enable the USB debugging mode. Enabling this particular mode on your Android phone makes it easy for your computer to communicate with the device when it is connected through a power cord. The USB debugging mode is responsible for allowing the manual operations being done on your Android phone. Specially, when you have to perform ADB and Fastboot operations through a command window on your phone, having the USB debugging mode enabled is a must. At times, in order to root your phone or to flash a custom recovery through scripts running on your desktop PC, you have to bypass this permission by enabling this mode.
The USB debugging mode is hidden in your Android phone. You may not be able to find it easily by simply going into the settings application on your phone. It was visible in the settings app prior to Android 4.2.2 KitKat. Keeping in view the sensitivity of the feature, Google hid the entire developer options in Android 4.2.2 KitKat onwards. In order to enable the USB debugging mode in Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat now, you first have to enable the developer options and only then you are capable of enabling the said mode.
To save a few minutes of Android users, we have put up this method here which explains how to enable USB debugging on Android KitKat, Android Lollipop, Android Marshmallow and Android Nougat powered smartphones/tablets. Have a look on the steps and get it done right away.
- First of all go to settings on your Android phone and scroll all the way down.
- In settings tap About device.
- Now in the About device menu, locate “Build number” for your Software. If there is no build number in about device section, then find the “Software info > Build number” option.
- Once you have found the build number option, tap it for 7 times.
- Tapping the option for 7 times will bring up the developer options in the settings menu.
- Now go back to the settings application and scroll all the way down to find developer options.
- Tap developer options and scroll down to find USB debugging.
- Once you have found the mode, enable it and connect your phone to your PC.
- Once the phone prompts up with the permissions regarding your PC, allow it.
- That’s all. You are done.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016