Today i will tell you how you can enable new runtime of Android which is called ART. When ever we install an app on device it compiles and translates the app raw code then installation begins. We all face lag when we open an app. This happens because the current runtime compiler is called Dalvik and it uses a JIT (just in time)which means every time when you open an app, Dalvik compiles it and discards the code every time when it closes. This is the main reason why sometimes we face lag problem when an app is opening or closing.
ART is a new Android runtime being introduced experimentally in the 4.4 release KitKat. This is a preview of work in progress in KitKat. It is available for the purpose of obtaining early developer and partner feedback.
How to Enable ART It on your Android KitKat Device:
Following is the step by step guide on how to enable ART on your Android devices. Kindly follow all the steps carefully in order to enable ART.
Before You Begin:
- A device is required with KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- Currently I am doing this on my Nexus 5. You can try this on your own devices.
- This is just to tell that this is an experimental runtime so all the apps will not work properly.
Before you begin, you have to enable developer options. For that go to setting tap on an About Phone and then tap 5 to 8 times on build number until it says you are a developer. Go back and tap on developer options and turn them on.
- Select Runtime in Developer Options.
- Now select use ART.
- Tap OK and wait for device to reboot.
- When all is done, enjoy the fast device.