In this post, I’ll tell you how to Enable Adoptable Storage for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Android Marshmallow came out with many exciting feature including format SD card. It allows you to format SD card and use it as internal storage. This is called Adoptable Storage, now those who own Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, probably noticed that this feature was left out. In this Guide I’ll tell you how you can enable Adoptable Storage for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- How to Lock Apps on Android Marshmallow Using Fingerprint Scanner
- How to Recover Data from Broken Screen Galaxy S7
- How to Recover Data from Galaxy S7 Edge Broken Screen
How To Enable Adoptable Storage for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
- First you need to download and install ADB drivers. ( Install Android ADB & Fastboot Drivers Quickly )
- You need a SD card.
- Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge.
- Open up a command prompt in ADB folder.
- In ADB folder hold down the shift key > Right click > Click on Open Command Window
- Connect your Galaxy device with PC using a USB cable.
- Use the following commands in same order as written.
Take note of your device ID (disk: xxx,x)
To partition the entire SD card space as internal storage use these commands.
sm partition disk:xxx,x private
- All Done, now let’s check the storage settings.
- Go to Settings on your device->scroll down and tap on storage.
- In here you’ll see your total device storage will be spiked up.
Now it’s time to migrate your data.
- SD Card.
- Migrate data
How To Enable Adoptable Storage for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge [ Video]
VIA: XDA Developers
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- [ No Jailbreak ] Play Pokemon GO without moving (iOS Joystick ) - March 22, 2017
- Download Kodi v17.1 Krypton Final Version - March 22, 2017
- Download Pokemon Go++ 1.29.1 And 0.59.1 Hacked IPA On iPhone Without Jailbreak - March 22, 2017