There was a time when we used to buy CDs, DVDs just to get the desired movies, sometimes for the music tracks and most of the times for games, computer softwares and other similar things but with the advent of time things have changed and got pretty much simple and easier in the computer world. The demand of CDs and DVDs is getting lowered down since a thing named Torrent has taken birth. Downloading anything that is of GBs in size, is just not hard now. As this is the era of portability and things are getting shifted to the smaller devices, whether it may be smartphone or a tablet, and when it comes to the operating system, there is no other mobile phone operating sytem like Android and it may allow you to use many features of a computer straight on your small screened phone. Ever wondered that you can download the massive files directly on your phone keeping your portability atop anytime, at any place? Well, its possible with Android now, you got to give a little time to this post.
Torrent downloading has always been a marvelous option whenever you need or want to download heavy files just as I said above, in separate intervals of time without interrupting the file that is being downloaded and giving your PC a little rest. While it didn’t take long for Android to take over the smartphone world, most of the hands acquire an Android device today and you may own one, this tutorial is probably for you as you will learn about downloading torrents straight to your Android smartphone.
In case you still don’t know what a torrent is, and its advantages, a little googling may help you. I would like to make it short now, all you got to do in order to download torrents on Android is, you need to install an app that will do the job for you. Let’s have a look on the available apps and on their functionality.
Apps to download torrents on Android:
Utorrent is the official app by BitTorrent Inc, the famous PC torrent client developers. The app allows you to download torrents at unlimited speed. There is a free version available in the play store, but if you want more features you may go for the Pro.
- Download and Install Utorrent on your Android smartphone.
- Open the internet browser on your phone.
- Use the search button in the torrent client to find your desired torrent.
- Alternatively, open any torrent site like kickasstorrents, extratorrent, isohunt, mininova, h33t etc.
- Search your required torrent and download it.
- Open the torrent using any file manager, select utorrent, BitTorrent or ttorrent to open it.
- As soon as you open the torrent selecting any torrent client, it will ask you for the location where you want it to be downloaded.
- Select the location and torrent downloading will begin.
- Whenever your internet gets disconnected or the connection is out of reach, the torrent will automatically pause.
- It will resume the download upon connecting the WiFi.
- Using the settings icon at the bottom, you can set download limit if you want, by default its “0” that means unlimited.
- You can also specify whether you want to use your data connection for downloading as well, or you just want to use the WiFi.
- You can download multiple files, manage the files using the uTorrent’s home screen on your phone.
BitTorrent is another app by the developers of uTorrent, BitTorrent Inc. The app is quite similar to uTorrent, is available for free and a paid version is there as well.
The working functionality, layout, settings are same as that of uTorrent, follow the guidelines explained above to use BitTorrent.
tTorrent is another lite Torrent client for Android based smartphones/tablets. This app is also available in both free and paid versions. The differenceis noticeable here as the free version has a download limit and lots of ads that may bother you. While the paid version has no download / size limits and is ad free as well. Though we highly recommend using uTorrent or BitTorrent, but tTorrent may help you just in case anyone of those doens’t work properly.
That’s all. We hope that this guide helped you to download movies, games and other stuff straight to your Android smartphone. Don’t forget to recommend it to your friends. In case you got any queries, suggestions or face any difficulties regarding Torrent downloading on your Android smartphone, please feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All!