Any OS whether it is Android or iOS have an App Store from where a user can download different apps, Android because of is open Source, is weak when it comes to pirate apps, one can easily download Modded Apk files for both free and Paid apps, while on iOS there are a few ways to do such thing. But there is one thing that both of OS lack, that you need to download the apps again and again without any power to turn them into executable files, so once can use them afterwards without downloading them again, on Android such feature is available via different 3rd party apps, on Apple Store there is also a way to create IPA files, but most of them won’t work.
iOS also features Cydia store for Jailbroken devices, the problem also arises there, once you have un-installed Cydia Tweak, you need to download it again and that is the spot we all hate. However, there are users out there who doesn’t cry over such thing and try to find a way to create .DEB files of Cydia Tweaks by peeking into executable files, so without downloading them, they can use them afterwards and even share with others. If you want to know how to create .DEB files and use them instead of Cydia, follow the rest of the Post.
Jailbreak your iOS Device.
Since the following tutorial needs an iOS device which is Jailbroken, you need to Jailbreak your device. If your device is still in its normal condition. Follow our Jailbreak Section to find out how to Jailbreak your device
How To Download .DEB Files
- Open Cydia and Search For APT 0.7 Strict and Install if, if you can’t able to find it, try changing Cydia Settings to Developer.
- Locate any Cydia app,whose .DEB file you want to create, scroll down and note down the Bundle ID of the Package. Mostly written beneath Terms And Condition, Looks Like: com.developer.thePackageName
- Open your Favorite Terminal App and type in ‘su‘ to login as root, when prompted enter the Root password, if the Root password is never changes the default one is: alpine.
- After you are logged in, enter apt-get -d install (Bundle ID), the same one you see beneath terms and conditions. If you see any prompt window, read and accept by pressing ‘Y‘.
- Wait a little to let the Terminal app finish what it is doing, when the process is complete, you can access the .DEB file via iFile or nay other file Manager, by navigating the following directory: /var/cache/apt/archives.
How To Install .DEB Files
- Open iFile.
- Navigate to /var/cache/apt/archives.
- Tap on the Desired .DEB file.
- Tap Open in iFile, on the Top Right Corner.
- Tap Installer in the pop-up.
- Restart the Device if necessary
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016